Monday, April 11, 2011

Where is Michelle #1

Welcome to the 1st installment of Where in the world is Michelle? My goal for this blog is for everyone viewing it to have fun and learn something while doing so. Each post will have a new an exciting locale, though they may not always be geographical locations in nature. They could be anything, but the goal of the viewer is to name where I have gone, where I am , what I may be doing, etc.

As a child, I always found geography and social studies to be an interesting subject, but for some reason it was always presented by instructors that made me want to go to sleep. When material is presented in a way that is uninteresting to the student, they get lost and often fail. Finding new and creative ways to present things is what the new generation of instruction is all about. Using the technology that is at our fingertips is one of the best places to start, and one of the first places to reach children as most spend a majority of their time in front of a computer or television.

This is meant to be a new and interesting take on geography, as well as a chance for everyone to stretch their brains a bit.  Let's get started!!!!


Hint- it is a popular attraction to tourists and locals alike where I live and can be described in a way similar to Gilligan's Island- "a 3 hour tour".



 Hint- another popular attraction where I live for both tourists and locals. Was recently turned into an "odyssey".

Have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment